No matter how many sheep you count, it always seems like we wake up every morning feeling suboptimal.
But it’s probably because you haven’t been let in on the best kept secret for a good night’s sleep…
Pssst* Are you listening? We’ll share the secret with you: Take care of your gut and you’ll count more ZzZ’s than sheep!
Prebiotics, Gut Health, & Better Sleep
If you’re new around these parts, you probably need a crash course in prebiotics.
We got you: What are prebiotics?
The gist is that a healthy gut leads to better sleep.
Did you know your gut aids in a lot of your bodily functions? Everything from weight loss to sleep is directly impacted by your gut health.
Learn more about the good and the bad kinds of bacteria in your Microbiome.
Raise Your Hand If You’re Dealing With More Stress These Days
We’re right there with you, but we also know prebiotics sourced from tons of delicious foods, like the Yacon Root, are great ways to support your gut.
The scientist at the University of Colorado Boulder conducted a study and discovered a link between gut health, stress, and sleep.
Low and behold, they found those with balanced levels of gut bacteria, which prebiotics helps a tremendous amount in, were receiving a deeper sleep.
Which led to a refreshed emotional and body state in participants.
5 Tips for Better Sleep
- Develop a routine for sleep. Trains your mind and body when it’s time to shut it down.
- Wake up around the same time each day, even on your off days. This ramps up your circadian rhythms.
- Bask in those beautiful early morning sun rays. Vitamin D does a body good first thing after waking up.
- Not quite fully awake after waking up? Consider a light walk or jog in the mornings to get your blood pumping and your body moving!
- Eat healthy! We can help with this part with our healthy and delicious energy snack bars for keeping you and your gut functioning at its best!
We’re passionate about living a healthy and active lifestyle. But we also understand how well you rest and recover is just as important!
And we like to think we’re doing our part by partnering with great causes and providing a healthy alternative in our low-glycemic snack bars.
Remember to live, laugh, and eat ROWDY!
- Team Rowdy Bars