Staying healthy is more important now than ever. That said, it can also feel harder than ever. You may not be ready to go back to the gym, and getting a good night’s sleep can be complicated by the daily stress of our busy lives. Here are some fast tips for balancing your health and active lifestyle.
Exercise at Home
Looking for some simple at home gym workouts? Look no further!
- Running, walking, and biking around your neighborhood are great forms of cardio.
- Online workout videos offer a wide variety of fun exercises.
- Find a space in your home to set up a home gym.
- Creating a multifunctional space could even boost your home’s value.
A well-balanced diet strengthens your body against disease.
- Rowdy promotes gut health and are ideal for active people.
- Many fruits, vegetables, and other foods can improve mood.
- Focus on recipes that use healthy, shelf-stable ingredients.
- Have groceries or meal kits delivered to cut down on trips outdoors.
- Stay hydrated by drinking 11 to 15 cups of water a day.
- Consider healthy snack swaps to satisfy cravings.
- Instead of drinking alcoholic beverages, look for healthier alternatives.
Having trouble with a good night’s rest? These tips should help.
- Try to get seven to eight hours of sleep every night.
- Set a bedtime and wake time to maintain routine even if you don’t need them.
- Follow good sleep hygiene to improve restfulness.
- Lower tension and negativity by decluttering and thoroughly cleaning your home.
- If stress and anxiety are keeping you up, consider building a mindfulness exercise into your bedtime routine.
Right now, self-care has to come down to the basics. Focusing on a good night’s sleep, a healthy diet, and a regular exercise routine will make a difference. Address your basic needs first — the rest can come later.
Credit: Gloria Martinez @ womenled.org